Is my skin more sensitive in winter?

Your skin may be more sensitive in winter. The dry weather in winter triggers eczema and other skin sensitivities in many people. Sensitivity due to dryness can be reduced or prevented by using a low-allergen moisturizing lotion or cream. The best time to apply it is right after bathing. Other skin sensitivities may be related to allergies or may be severe enough that your doctor will prescribe additional treatments.

Yes, your skin's sensitivity is affected by the seasons. In winter, when the air is much colder and drier, skin loses moisture much faster than in other seasons.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Look Radiant With These Expert-Approved Skin Treatments
Who wouldn’t want smoother, wrinkle-free skin? According to a report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type ...
Does darker skin age more slowly?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The greater amount of melanin in darker skin tones can preserve the youthful look of your skin longe...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
What Can I Do to Feel Younger?
What Can I Do to Feel Younger?