Is skin the same all over the body?

The outermost layer of skin, called the epidermis, produces a thin barrier layer called the stratum corneum. This layer varies throughout the body in its structure, thickness, composition and functional properties. For example, the skin on your palms and soles is thicker than on your face.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Keep Your Skin and Sinuses Healthy This Winter
This winter you can still hear Dean Martin in TV commercials crooning "Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful," which pre...
Can I believe the claims made in ads for cosmetics and skin products?
Even if a product says, “clinically shown to...” remember that it’s one thing to research how a comp...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
Is there Any Exercise I Can Perform for the Muscles in My Neck?