Should I use a deep cleanser every day?

No. Using a harsh cleanser every day can strip the skin of its own natural moisture and disrupt the essential building blocks that form its protective outer layer. This can not only lead to skin dryness, but can also open the door for contaminants or bacteria to more easily penetrate. Skin will exfoliate naturally and gentle cleansing can often be enough aid this process.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
In the interest of science and my own personal quest, I have tried a variety of health and beauty treatments that I have seen demonstrated on TV. You’...
What should I do if I've a complexion with lots of freckles and redness?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Intense pulsed light or IPL is the best treatment for the type of problems you are describing. IPL g...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?