If I have a mole that changes, do I have melanoma?

One of the earliest signs of melanoma is often a change in a mole. A normal mole should look the same on both halves, should not bleed, and should be a uniform color. If you notice a mole that has changed shape, size, or color, you should have it checked immediately. Often, moles that have changed aren't actually melanoma, but it's best to have it checked as soon as possible just in case.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Look Radiant With These Expert-Approved Skin Treatments
Who wouldn’t want smoother, wrinkle-free skin? According to a report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type ...
What are common ingredients in astringents?
Since astringents are meant to remove excess oil they typically contain some type of drying agent su...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4