Is it true that lip balm is addictive?

There is no evidence that lip balm is actually addictive. Rumors abound that ingredients like camphor, menthol and phenol actually act as drying agents on lips. There is no evidence that these ingredients actually dry the skin of lips, nor is any lip balm considered addictive.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Delicious Skin Saver
Delicious Skin Saver
Why is it that the minute cold weather hits, your skin gets dry and chapped? Partly because the colder the air, the less moisture skin can hold. But a...
How can I prevent brown spots on my face?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Daily use (rain or shine!) of SPF 30 or greater is your strongest ally against developing brown spot...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
How Can I Look Five Years Younger for $5 or Less?