How can a surgeon help someone decide whether to get cosmetic surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
It is OUR responsibility as Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons to guide each patient to the safest and most effective procedure available. Unfortunately, more cosmetic surgery procedures are performed by Non-plastic surgeons than plastic surgeons! In fact, a large portion of my practice is involved in repairing sub-standard breast implant and augmentations from all over the globe. It is vital, to discuss the risks and benefits of the surgery with your surgeon. Realistic expectations and potential for scarring must be reviewed and discussed during your consultation process. During my consultation, I perform a thorough history of ALL medical conditions and problems (medications, allergies, past surgeries, past medical history, pertinent laboratories, etc.) Next, a comprehensive examination of the specific body part is performed with surgical markings. Every week, my office TURNS down patients that are either unrealistic or poor surgical candidates. In general, plastic surgery and psychotherapy really do go hand in hand.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Does Hyaluronic Acid Help with Aging Skin?
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?
How Can I Reverse the Signs of Aging On My Face?
Can I Do a Chemical or Acid Peel At Home?