How is sunburn related to onycholysis?

Rarely, onycholysis can be caused by sunburn. Some medications like tetracycline and naproxen make you more susceptible to the sun, so much so that the sun can penetrate your fingernails and burn the skin beneath them. That skin can become swollen and blistered, forcing off the nail above it.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

5 Winter Skin Savers
5 Winter Skin Savers
The winter weather outside might be frightful, but your skin can stay delightful. That’s right! Say goodbye to chapped lips and dry, cracked skin. We’...
What skin care ingredients are best to treat sagging skin?
Anthony S. Youn, MDAnthony S. Youn, MD
The skin care ingredients that are best for sagging skin are retinol (vitamin A), growth factors and...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
What Can I Do to Prevent or Lessen My Cellulite?