How should I manage a congenital mole?

If you have a congenital mole, have it evaluated by a dermatologist, and follow all of his or her recommendations. Your dermatologist may suggest adhering to commonsense skin care measures, such as limiting sun exposure and wearing sunscreen. In addition, he or she will probably advise you to examine your skin regularly. If a congenital mole bleeds, itches, or changes shape, contact your dermatologist promptly.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Skincare Shocker: Women, Shave Your Face!
I remember first learning to shave. Crouching over the running tub in a bathing suit, shimmery, raspberry-scented Skintimate splattered everywhere, tr...
What precautions should I take after using a skin-lightening product?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
To lighten skin or not is your business. But if you do it, do it safely. And once you remove the nat...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
What Can I Do to Prevent or Lessen My Cellulite?