What precautions should I take after using a skin-lightening product?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
To lighten skin or not is your business. But if you do it, do it safely. And once you remove the natural protection that melanin provides, don't forget to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen -- every day of the year.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Look Radiant With These Expert-Approved Skin Treatments
Who wouldn’t want smoother, wrinkle-free skin? According to a report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type ...
Are age spots a normal part of aging?
Age spots are a normal part of aging.  They go along with the body’s gradual loss of ability to repl...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?