What precautions should I take after using a skin-lightening product?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
To lighten skin or not is your business. But if you do it, do it safely. And once you remove the natural protection that melanin provides, don't forget to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen -- every day of the year.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
Crow's feet, eye bags, frown lines, and liver spots. You can't turn back the clock, but you can hide the hands a little. First, always protect your s...
How does my daily lifestyle affect my skin health?
Daily lifestyle and skin health are definitely linked. Ever noticed how whatever is going on in our ...
6 Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter
6 Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter6 Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter6 Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter6 Ways to Keep Your Skin Hydrated This Winter
Prevent dry, flaky skin with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
See How the Skin Ages
See How the Skin Ages