How can I prevent brown spots on my face?

Daily use (rain or shine!) of SPF 30 or greater is your strongest ally against developing brown spots on your face. David Bank, MD, president of the New York State Society for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery, prefers sunscreens containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, referring to physical sunscreen ingredients that some experts feel are more reliable than their chemical counterparts.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Look Radiant With These Expert-Approved Skin Treatments
Who wouldn’t want smoother, wrinkle-free skin? According to a report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type ...
How can I alleviate the impact of radiation therapy on my skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
For short term relief, you can use a rich emollient (like Aquaphor) for dry, reddened skin. Avoid an...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
Does Indulging In Chocolate, Junk Food, and Fatty Meals Cause Acne?