How long should I spend washing my face?

The whole point to cleansing is to remove dirt, contaminants and surface oils from the skin. To make sure your cleanser is achieving this goal, massage it in for at least 20 seconds; for oily skin, make that closer to 30 seconds, which is about how long it takes for sebum to break up.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

More Than A Mole
More Than A Mole
Are you keeping an eye on your skin? Research shows that people who regularly check themselves for suspicious skin changes are 44% less likely to die ...
What can be done about nasolabial folds?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
"Pulling procedures" such as face-lifts don't have any dramatic effects on the nasolabial folds,...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?