How do I give first aid for sunburn?

A cold bath, shower, or damp towel will help cool the skin. Use an aloe vera lotion to help treat the skin, and a pain reliever such as aspirin or ibuprofen if needed. If there are any blisters, do not pop or puncture them. If they open, use an antibacterial ointment. If the sunburn gets worse or other symptoms arise, including a fever or itching, see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Dr. Amy's 7 Habits for Healthy Skin
Dr. Amy's 7 Habits for Healthy Skin
Wondering what you can do to nurture vibrant, healthy skin from the inside out? Tackle stress! Make Dr. Amy's seven habits—which are the heart and sou...
What side effects are associated with Radiesse?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
At this time, Radiesse has little risk for allergic reaction -- The main ingredient in this dermal f...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Chin?