How can excessive sweating irritate my skin?

If you sweat excessively, you may be more likely to develop certain skin problems. Chronic excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, is heavy perspiration that can't be controlled by conventional antiperspirants. Skin that's constantly bathed in perspiration can become white and wrinkly. It my also crack or become red and inflamed. Your hands, feet, armpits, face, and genital area are most likely to be affected. Talk to a doctor if you have a problem with heavy sweating.
Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Excessive sweating is the secretion of sweat in amounts greater than normal, which does occur for some women during extreme exercise or as they “go for the burn.” The copious amount of sweat stays on top of the skin, inducing redness, inflammation, and itching, among other skin symptoms, and can leave even the most astute healthcare professional puzzled as to the cause.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Skin Care

One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
In the interest of science and my own personal quest, I have tried a variety of health and beauty treatments that I have seen demonstrated on TV. You’...
What is normal skin?
Normal skin appears well balanced and is neither too oily nor too dry. Skin texture is relativel...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4