How common is body modification?

Body modification is becoming increasingly popular and common. One recent survey of teenagers found that about 13 percent had a tattoo, with about 5 percent having more than one tattoo. Almost 27 percent of the teenagers surveyed had a body piercing (other than on the earlobes). Multiple piercings were reported by almost 12 percent of the teenagers surveyed.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
One Woman’s Beautification Adventures
In the interest of science and my own personal quest, I have tried a variety of health and beauty treatments that I have seen demonstrated on TV. You’...
How do common warts affect my skin health?
Common warts are small skin growths caused by one type of the human papillomavirus (HPV). Generally,...
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving5 Foolproof Tips for Smooth Shaving
With a few healthy habits, you can steer clear of cuts and razor burn.
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?