How common is an atypical mole?

Atypical moles are quite common. Studies show that about one person in 10 has at least one atypical mole. An atypical mole is a small growth on the skin that is usually tan or brown. While common moles are round, an atypical mole has irregular edges. If you think you have an atypical mole, ask a doctor to examine it.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Keep Your Skin Healthy
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy
No matter what your age, taking care of your skin should be a priority. “As we age, our skin's ability to keep itself hydrated, glistening and supple ...
How do hormones affect the skin?
Hormones can have a profound effect on skin. Hormonal changes in adolescence can trigger the dev...
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
Is there Any Exercise I Can Perform for the Muscles in My Neck?