How common is an atypical mole?

Atypical moles are quite common. Studies show that about one person in 10 has at least one atypical mole. An atypical mole is a small growth on the skin that is usually tan or brown. While common moles are round, an atypical mole has irregular edges. If you think you have an atypical mole, ask a doctor to examine it.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
Think your complexion is the product of your genes? Your daily health and skin care habits can make or break your appearance. "Only about 10 percent ...
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?
Does Hyaluronic Acid Help with Aging Skin?
What Causes Dark Under-Eye Circles?
What Causes Dark Under-Eye Circles?