How do I clean skin peeling from sunburn?

The most important step you can take with peeling skin from sunburn is to keep the skin cool and moist. To do this, use a cold, wet compress on the peeling skin or take cool baths. Pat the skin dry with a clean, soft towel and apply a moisturizer to limit inflammation and further peeling. Avoid using over-the-counter sunburn remedies that contain anesthetics, which can produce an allergic reaction in some people.

Always see your doctor if the sunburn is extensive, painful or deep red. Also, if you get a fever with your sunburn, seek medical treatment immediately.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How Can I Stop Making Facial Expressions That Cause Wrinkles?
What Causes Lip Lines?
What Causes Lip Lines?
What Causes Cellulite?
What Causes Cellulite?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?
What Do Antioxidants Do for the Skin?