How do antibacterial products affect skin barrier function?

While many antibacterial products contain added moisturizers such as aloe, they still tend to be overly drying and can irritate the skin. Skin also relies on a certain amount of "good" bacteria for normal protection, and loss of that can be detrimental to the health of the individual. In order to keep skin's protective barrier intact and functioning properly, it is best to stay away from harsh cleansers and devices that aggressively exfoliate the skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
Avoid breakouts, rough, dry skin and more with these easy skin care tips. You probably have a morning and nightly skin care routine that includes clea...
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for Cellulite?
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?
How Can I Make My Skin Glow?