What are the health risks of synthetic fragrances?

Everyone likes their home to smell clean and fresh but synthetic fragrances such as air fresheners and fragrance candles that waft through the air can negatively affect the quality of indoor air, damage lung tissue and airways, and irritate the eyes. Keep it real. If your house is clean, it shouldn't smell.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Skin Care

More Than A Mole
More Than A Mole
Are you keeping an eye on your skin? Research shows that people who regularly check themselves for suspicious skin changes are 44% less likely to die ...
Do topical creams get rid of stretch marks?
Topical creams will not entirely remove stretch marks, but moisturizing regularly may improve th...
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist.
How Can I Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite?