Why does fake gold turn skin green?

Copper is the most common metal mixed with gold to make inexpensive "gold" jewelry. When you perspire, the copper in the "gold" jewelry reacts with the acid in your sweat to form green tinted salts that are absorbed into the skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Are Your Personal Care Products Putting Your Kids at Risk
The first baby shampoo debuted in the 1950s. Johnson & Johnson marketed the product with the slogan “no more tears.” Decades later, it turned out ther...
How can I get rid of cellulite?
Almost every woman has cellulite -- and almost every woman has tried and failed to get rid of it...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
How Can I Treat My Forehead Wrinkles?
How Can I Treat My Forehead Wrinkles?