Will my earlobes change as I age?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
As we age, there is an overall decreased production of collagen and elastin in our skin. This accounts for the thinning of the dermis and less fullness in our faces. These changes are observed when the skin becomes wrinkled because there is less padding, and the earlobe will appear thinner and elongated. Women who like to wear dangly earrings are particularly at risk as the weight of the earrings may help to pull the earlobe down, accentuating the elongation and sagginess of the lobe.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Look Radiant With These Expert-Approved Skin Treatments
Who wouldn’t want smoother, wrinkle-free skin? According to a report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type ...
What is the treatment for cellulite?
If there's one thing women want a magic pill for, it's cellulite. I have some bad news: You can't cu...
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
Avoid breakouts, rough, dry skin and more with these easy skin care tips.
What Are the Common Types of Chemical or Acid Peels?