Will my earlobes change as I age?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
As we age, there is an overall decreased production of collagen and elastin in our skin. This accounts for the thinning of the dermis and less fullness in our faces. These changes are observed when the skin becomes wrinkled because there is less padding, and the earlobe will appear thinner and elongated. Women who like to wear dangly earrings are particularly at risk as the weight of the earrings may help to pull the earlobe down, accentuating the elongation and sagginess of the lobe.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Getting Your Skin Ready for the Big Reveal
Recently the women of the daytime TV show The Talk decided to begin their season au naturel—no makeup, no wigs, no fake eyelashes, nada (not even glos...
What questions should I ask my doctor about skin health?
Talking to your doctor about skin health is important, including discussing getting a full body skin...
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
How to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body PartsHow to Pamper Your Most Neglected Body Parts
Avoid breakouts, rough, dry skin and more with these easy skin care tips.
Products That Can Help Your Skin Look Younger