Will my earlobes change as I age?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
As we age, there is an overall decreased production of collagen and elastin in our skin. This accounts for the thinning of the dermis and less fullness in our faces. These changes are observed when the skin becomes wrinkled because there is less padding, and the earlobe will appear thinner and elongated. Women who like to wear dangly earrings are particularly at risk as the weight of the earrings may help to pull the earlobe down, accentuating the elongation and sagginess of the lobe.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

More Than A Mole
More Than A Mole
Are you keeping an eye on your skin? Research shows that people who regularly check themselves for suspicious skin changes are 44% less likely to die ...
Do clogged skin pores cause pimples?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
When a pore becomes clogged with oil and dead skin cells, a blackhead or whitehead may result. I...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
Is There an Eye Cream with Caffeine for Puffy Eyes?