How do common warts affect my skin health?

Common warts are small skin growths caused by one type of the human papillomavirus (HPV). Generally, warts are harmless. Sometimes they go away on their own, and sometimes they are removed, although they don't generally cause problems if left untreated. If you do want to get rid of warts, there are many available options. You can treat warts at home with an over-the-counter salicylic acid treatment. Your doctor can remove warts by freezing them, performing minor surgery, or using laser therapy for warts that are difficult to remove. There are a few other treatments that are used for warts that haven't gone away with other treatments, including medications and immunotherapy.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

Stay Away From Spray Tans
Stay Away From Spray Tans
Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton have more in common than yesterday’s news. They’re spray tan fans and lik...
How do I evaluate what kind of skin I have?
You can evaluate what kind of skin you have with lens-cleaning paper, the kind you use to clean ...
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make7 Skin Care Mistakes You Don't Have to Make
What Causes Lip Lines?
What Causes Lip Lines?