What does a cancerous mole look like?

Cancerous moles will probably look different than the rest of your moles. Look for moles that have changed shape or bleed. If they're asymmetrical, larger than a pencil eraser or differently colored throughout, these may be signs that the mole isn't healthy. You should always have a doctor examine any moles that look like this.

Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing to safeguard your skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Keep Your Humidifier, and Your Skin, Healthy
South America’s Atacama Desert -- a 41,000 square mile expanse stretching from Peru to Chile -- gets four inches of rain EVERY THOUSAND YEARS! And you...
How does a glycolic acid peel work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The brand name is Refinity Peel. This peel combines 70% alpha hydroxy acid with cosmederm-7, a c...
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making7 Worst Summer Skin Care Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Get the secrets to a sun-kissed glow, without the dangers of damaged skin.
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Chin?