Can neck exercises reduce hanging skin?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Strengthening the muscles of the neck has nothing to do with hanging skin or fat of the neck. In fact, hanging skin actually looks worse with stronger muscles.  If you exercise those neck muscles and actually make them stronger and larger, they will actually make your neck bands even more prominent.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By7 Expert-Approved Skin Care Secrets to Live By
Take better care of your skin with these quick lessons from a dermatologist. It’s no secret that drinking more water, getting a good night’s sleep and...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them. Of all the weird, wacky issues that hum...
What Can I Do to Improve My Jowls and Drooping Chin?
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for Cellulite?