Can neck exercises reduce hanging skin?

There is little scientific evidence that performing any type of neck exercise reduces hanging skin. If you have hanging or loose skin on your neck or any other part of the body, talk to a dermatologist. Hanging skin from the neck can occur due to changes related to aging. A dermatologist can explain your treatment options for hanging skin. 
Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
Strengthening the muscles of the neck has nothing to do with hanging skin or fat of the neck. In fact, hanging skin actually looks worse with stronger muscles.  If you exercise those neck muscles and actually make them stronger and larger, they will actually make your neck bands even more prominent.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
How to Handle 4 Common Skin Problems
Crow's feet, eye bags, frown lines, and liver spots. You can't turn back the clock, but you can hide the hands a little. First, always protect your s...
What should I do if I have moles?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Since moles can turn cancerous, it’s important that you’re screened yearly by a board-certified derm...
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin6 Ways to Prevent Dry Skin
Keep your skin hydrated with these simple tips from a dermatologist.
How Can I Look Younger?
How Can I Look Younger?