What are birthmarks?

Birthmarks are skin abnormalities that are usually present from birth, but some can arise as the baby is growing. Most birthmarks are harmless and do not require treatment. Some birthmarks will fade away on their own over time. Other birthmarks may need treatment for cosmetic reasons. There are rare birthmarks that may signal a disease.

Continue Learning about Skin Care

6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Psoriasis
A psoriasis diagnosis can be surprising—and because the exact cause of the condition in unknown—confusing. Take charge of your condition and treatment...
How can I improve my skin’s appearance in nine days?
If I had to give you one word that is the root of all evils today, at least when it comes to health ...
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them6 Embarrassing Skin Issues and How to Fix Them
These common skin problems can sometimes be embarrassing. Here are six different issues and how to solve them.
What Causes Dark Under-Eye Circles?
What Causes Dark Under-Eye Circles?