Should I wear a heart rate monitor when training for skating?

Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of the training session.  This gauge of intensity will help determine the demands that you put your self through when skating.

Continue Learning about Skating

How can I improve my jumps for skating?
To improve jumping, a skater needs ample amounts of power. To improve power, you must have proper st...
What are the basic skills for speed-skating?
The basic skills for speed skating include stopping, gliding, how to fall and get up, forward and ba...
What leg exercises should I do to strengthen my skating?
Strengthening the legs is an important consideration for skating. A program can be implemented to st...
What is the best way to prevent fatigue while skating?
To prevent fatigue, it is important to have proper fuel and hydration before a skating session o...