Should I wear a heart rate monitor when training for skating?

Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of the training session.  This gauge of intensity will help determine the demands that you put your self through when skating.

Continue Learning about Skating

What are the basic skills for speed-skating?
The basic skills for speed skating include stopping, gliding, how to fall and get up, forward and ba...
Can kettlebell training enhance my skating endurance?
Mike Allard , NASM Elite TrainerMike Allard , NASM Elite Trainer
Absolutely! Kettlebell training is renown for increasing muscular endurance. Choose ballistic exerci...
What are advanced exercises to help with balance in rollerblading?
Advanced balance exercises include single-leg box hop-up with stabilization and multiplanar (for...
How can I work circuit training into my skating conditioning?
Circuit training is a great way to combine both a cardiovascular and strength training session i...