Do I have to warm-up before skating?

A warm-up is important to prepare the body mentally and physically for the work and demands ahead. Core body temperature should be raised, and muscles should be warmed-up before moving during a skating session. A warm-up could include foam rolling (a technique for self-massage), dynamic stretching (lunges, squats), or jogging. Thorough warm-ups can help prevent injury, and you should arrange your schedule to make this part of your training a priority.

Continue Learning about Skating

Should I do cardio in addition to skating?
Cross training, or engaging in other forms of cardio, is advisable for a skater. Increasing enduranc...
What muscles should I stretch for speed skating?
First, it is important to know what to stretch and how to stretch. There are common muscles that a...
What are the basic skills for speed-skating?
The basic skills for speed skating include stopping, gliding, how to fall and get up, forward and ba...
Will the right boots help my skating ability?
Proper boots and boot fitting is mandatory not only for skating ability, but also for preventing inj...