Can the right skating boot prevent injuries?

A proper fitting boot may indeed help prevent some common skating injuries. If a boot is too tight, too loose, too heavy, or does not bend right, many movement compensations can occur leading to injury. If the boot is not correctly fitted, the joints of the foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back can all absorb unnecessary amounts of impact. This is especially seen during jumping and landing, major components of skating. Boots need to be fitted by a professional, and should be examined for defects.

Continue Learning about Skating

What muscles become tight from skating?
The muscles that tend to become tight from skating are the muscles of the lower body. These include ...
How can I avoid injury during in-line skating?
It is advisable to receive proper instruction to attain basic skills and techniques first. A certifi...
How can I improve my posture for skating?
First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving)...
What leg exercises should I do to strengthen my skating?
Strengthening the legs is an important consideration for skating. A program can be implemented to st...