Can the right skating boot prevent injuries?

A proper fitting boot may indeed help prevent some common skating injuries. If a boot is too tight, too loose, too heavy, or does not bend right, many movement compensations can occur leading to injury. If the boot is not correctly fitted, the joints of the foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back can all absorb unnecessary amounts of impact. This is especially seen during jumping and landing, major components of skating. Boots need to be fitted by a professional, and should be examined for defects.

Continue Learning about Skating

Where is strength and conditioning taught for skaters?
Strength and conditioning is usually taught in a gym, outdoors, or in a private training facility. S...
What power drill should a skater do for jump training?
A power drill or exercise for jump training is one that includes fast and explosive movements. A sin...
How can I improve my posture for skating?
First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving)...
How can I enhance my endurance for skating?
Endurance is an important component for figure skating. During a long or short program, the demands ...