Will the right boots help my skating ability?

Proper boots and boot fitting is mandatory not only for skating ability, but also for preventing injuries to the foot and ankle. A professional boot fitter can assess a skater's needs and model the boot accordingly. Boots that are too tight or too loose can directly affect coordination, balance, and landing techniques. Therefore, starting with the correct boots and having them re-assessed over time is highly recommended for safety and proper movement skills.

Continue Learning about Skating

How important is off-ice training?
Resistance training that targets stability and strength are important to enhance skating ability...
Where and how should I start in-line skating?
In-line skating should always be started with a partner or instructor. The safest areas to begin...
What power drill should a skater do for jump training?
A power drill or exercise for jump training is one that includes fast and explosive movements. A sin...
What are advanced exercises to help with balance in rollerblading?
Advanced balance exercises include single-leg box hop-up with stabilization and multiplanar (for...