Will the right boots help my skating ability?

Proper boots and boot fitting is mandatory not only for skating ability, but also for preventing injuries to the foot and ankle. A professional boot fitter can assess a skater's needs and model the boot accordingly. Boots that are too tight or too loose can directly affect coordination, balance, and landing techniques. Therefore, starting with the correct boots and having them re-assessed over time is highly recommended for safety and proper movement skills.

Continue Learning about Skating

Can strength and conditioning help my skating spins?
Strength and conditioning is an important component to enhance all skills in figure skating. During ...
How can I avoid injury during in-line skating?
It is advisable to receive proper instruction to attain basic skills and techniques first. A certifi...
Does breathing effect my endurance while skating?
Breathing correctly can have a direct impact on endurance. Oxygen is needed to supply working muscle...
Should I wear a heart rate monitor when training for skating?
Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of...