Can I prevent skating injuries by hiring a trainer?

Hiring a certified trainer is an excellent idea. A qualified instructor can assess general imbalances throughout the body, and design a program that includes appropriate flexibility, core, balance, strength, and power exercises. A good trainer will teach ideal technique throughout the program and even help with mental focus and discipline. All of these aspects can carry over to skating, and by increasing the abilities within the components of fitness, injury is less likely to occur during all sporting activities.
Working with your coach and a trainer are good ways to prevent skating injuries. Your coach can assist you in proper form and your trainer can assist you in gaining strength to be able to maintain proper form throughout your on ice time. 

Continue Learning about Skating

Does breathing effect my endurance while skating?
Breathing correctly can have a direct impact on endurance. Oxygen is needed to supply working muscle...
Will I get strength and conditioning training from my skating coach?
This depends on the individual coach and the program in which you participate. Usually, on-ice condi...
Is there a way to know if I am overusing certain muscles while skating?
Many athletes such as skaters favor one side of their body. There tends to be a favorite jumping leg...
Is there a core drill I can do at home to improve my skating?
Core drills and exercises are extremely important to skating since they are the foundation of al...