Can I prevent skating injuries by hiring a trainer?

Working with your coach and a trainer are good ways to prevent skating injuries. Your coach can assist you in proper form and your trainer can assist you in gaining strength to be able to maintain proper form throughout your on ice time. 
Hiring a certified trainer is an excellent idea. A qualified instructor can assess general imbalances throughout the body, and design a program that includes appropriate flexibility, core, balance, strength, and power exercises. A good trainer will teach ideal technique throughout the program and even help with mental focus and discipline. All of these aspects can carry over to skating, and by increasing the abilities within the components of fitness, injury is less likely to occur during all sporting activities.

Continue Learning about Skating

Do I need to stretch when I am done skating?
Stretching is important after a workout, practice, or competition. The goal of a cool-down, or stret...
Will the right boots help my skating ability?
Proper boots and boot fitting is mandatory not only for skating ability, but also for preventing inj...
Is there a way to know if I am overusing certain muscles while skating?
Many athletes such as skaters favor one side of their body. There tends to be a favorite jumping leg...
Will strength and conditioning enhance my skating?
Strength and conditioning is necessary for all sports and athletes. It is important to stay physical...