Can kettlebell training enhance my skating endurance?

Absolutely! Kettlebell training is renown for increasing muscular endurance. Choose ballistic exercises such as the swing, the clean and the snatch. Increase your repetitions as your bodies endurance improves. These movements are going to get your heart rate up quickly and keep it there. If your form begins to get sloppy and you find yourself out of 'the groove', cease the exercise and let your body recover.

Couple your explosive, ballistic exercises with slow, 'grinds' such as the pistol squat, windmill and single-leg romanian deadlift. Execute these grind exercises with slow, deliberate precision. Focus on activating and utilizing the appropriate muscle groups and keep your body tight.

Kettlebell training has become a very popular tool for athletes to use as part of the their performance training programs. It has many benefits including muscular endurance and strength endurance. It can increase power, and train the hips very effectively. Endurance for skating is very important to efficiently complete a long or short program. Kettlebell training is a fun and challenging way to increase the stamina and endurance throughout the core and leg musculature needed for skating. Specific kettlebell technique must be learned from the beginning because this type of training does not compare to other resistance training programs. A certified kettlebell instructor should be hired at the start of training to ensure proper techniques and to avoid injury.

Continue Learning about Skating

What skills enhance my strength for skating?
Resistance training that targets stability and strength are important to enhance skating ability...
How do I increase my flexibility for skating without getting injured?
Increasing flexibility to execute certain skating moves is very important. After an assessment has b...
Where is strength and conditioning taught for skaters?
Strength and conditioning is usually taught in a gym, outdoors, or in a private training facility. S...
How can I improve my posture for skating?
First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving)...