Will jumping up to a box help my skating jumps?

A box jump-up is an exercise that can help improve skating jumps. It is a plyometric training exercise that can enhance performance and skills by teaching the body how to reduce and produce forces. With proper form and technique, a box jump-up can be a great exercise for a beginner or professional athlete. The box height should begin low, and progressions should only be made when perfect form exists continuously. To execute a box jump-up, stand behind the box, lower the body into a squat position, jump, and land softly on top of the box in a slight squat position. The knees, feet, and head should remain straight ahead. Spinal alignment should be maintained throughout, with the abdominals engaged.

Continue Learning about Skating

What are advanced exercises to help with balance in rollerblading?
Advanced balance exercises include single-leg box hop-up with stabilization and multiplanar (for...
Will I get strength and conditioning training from my skating coach?
This depends on the individual coach and the program in which you participate. Usually, on-ice condi...
What skills do I need for in-line skating?
In-line skating should always be started with a partner or instructor. The safest areas to begin...
How can I improve my posture for skating?
First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving)...