How can I improve my posture for skating?

First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving), which can provide information about postural imbalances. Using something like an overhead squat assessment can give you clues as to where the imbalances may be and what to work on. An overhead squat assessment is a quick way to see any distortion and/or lack of flexibility and strength. The assessement can be used for postural findings at the feet, knees, hips, shoulders, and head. A qualified trainer can help with assessing and teaching strategies for postural enhancement.

Continue Learning about Skating

What are advanced exercises to help with balance in rollerblading?
Advanced balance exercises include single-leg box hop-up with stabilization and multiplanar (for...
Will the right boots help my skating ability?
Proper boots and boot fitting is mandatory not only for skating ability, but also for preventing inj...
What skills do I need for in-line skating?
In-line skating should always be started with a partner or instructor. The safest areas to begin...
What is an example of a power move for a beginning skater?
Power moves, or reactive-training exercises, are quick and powerful movements that involve a red...