How can I improve my posture for skating?

First, it is important to assess your postural alignment statically (still) and dynamically (moving), which can provide information about postural imbalances. Using something like an overhead squat assessment can give you clues as to where the imbalances may be and what to work on. An overhead squat assessment is a quick way to see any distortion and/or lack of flexibility and strength. The assessement can be used for postural findings at the feet, knees, hips, shoulders, and head. A qualified trainer can help with assessing and teaching strategies for postural enhancement.

Continue Learning about Skating

Can skaters do strength and conditioning in a group setting?
Strength and conditioning is a very important component of off-ice training. It is typically offered...
How do I increase my flexibility for skating without getting injured?
Increasing flexibility to execute certain skating moves is very important. After an assessment has b...
Will jumping up to a box help my skating jumps?
A box jump-up is an exercise that can help improve skating jumps. It is a plyometric training ex...
How do I warm-up for rollerblading?
To warm-up for rollerblading, use a combination of foam rolling followed by dynamic stretching. ...