How can I strengthen my legs for rollerblading?

To improve leg strength for rollerblading, use supersets of strength and stabilization exercises since both are important components of rollerblading. When doing this type of strength training, use the following acute variables: 2-4 supersets of 8-12 repetitions at a medium tempo for the strength exercise and a slow tempo for the stabilization exercise. Use light weights and only rest for 30 seconds between sets. An exercise example for this type of resistance training is bar squats supersetted with walking lunges, followed by seated leg curls supersetted with single-leg Romanian deadlifts. To perform the single-leg Romanian deadlift, stand on one leg with the other foot lifted and floating next to the foot on the ground. Slowly bend at the hip and reach toward the foot on the ground, pause, and slowing return to a standing position. You can make the strength exercises more difficult by adding more weight, or increasing the load. You can make the stabilization exercises more difficult by standing on a half foam roll, using an airex pad, or standing on a dyna disc. By doing these exercises you can improve the muscle, tendon, and ligament strength of the legs.

Continue Learning about Skating

What exercises help prevent low back injuries in rollerblading?
Good choices to help prevent injuries during rollerblading include floor bridges, prone iso-abs ...
What are beginning exercises for improving balance for rollerblading?
Beginning balance exercises for rollerblading are the single-leg Romanian deadlift exercise and ...
Can strength and conditioning help my skating spins?
Strength and conditioning is an important component to enhance all skills in figure skating. During ...
What endurance drills can I do for skating?
Many skaters use jumping rope, rollerblading, or speed ladder training for endurance. Changing tempo...