Is flexibility important for in-line skating?

Flexibility is important to move properly without getting injured. Movement requires muscles to be elongated or stretched, and under the control of the nervous system.  Without a proper flexibility program, compensations throughout the body can continue, movement becomes inefficient, and injury is more likely to occur. Therefore, flexibility is important for any sport, whether it is recreational or professional. Seeking out a certified instructor for help with a flexibility assessment and routine is advisable.

Continue Learning about Skating

What skills enhance my strength for skating?
Resistance training that targets stability and strength are important to enhance skating ability...
Will core training help my spins for figure skating?
Diana S, NASM Elite TrainerDiana S, NASM Elite Trainer
Yes!  When someone talks about having a strong core they're referring to the abdominal muscles, lowe...
Will jumping up to a box help my skating jumps?
A box jump-up is an exercise that can help improve skating jumps. It is a plyometric training ex...
Is there a core drill I can do at home to improve my skating?
Core drills and exercises are extremely important to skating since they are the foundation of al...