Does breathing effect my endurance while skating?

Breathing correctly can have a direct impact on endurance. Oxygen is needed to supply working muscles. Inadequate oxygen supply to muscles can create fatigue or a feeling of stiffness in muscles. Improper breathing can also affect posture especially around the spine, neck, and rib cage which can cause joint restrictions. Correct breathing is very important to prevent fatigue, to allow muscles and joints to work properly, and to increase overall endurance. It is typical to exhibit short and shallow breaths when nervous. Skaters may experience this while practicing jumps, or when performing or competing. It is advisable to practice proper breathing techniques on a regular basis so it becomes habit. A certified yoga instructor or trainer can help with instruction in breathing techniques.

Continue Learning about Skating

How can I avoid injury during in-line skating?
It is advisable to receive proper instruction to attain basic skills and techniques first. A certifi...
How can I improve my skating sit spins?
A sit spin requires a great deal of flexibility around the knees, hips, and back as it requires ...
What exercises help prevent low back injuries in rollerblading?
Good choices to help prevent injuries during rollerblading include floor bridges, prone iso-abs ...
Will taking ballet help my strength for skating?
Julie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RDJulie DuBois, NASM Elite Trainer, RD
Ballet can definitely help your strength in skating.  Ballet training is very focused and methodical...