What is the best way to prevent fatigue while skating?

To prevent fatigue, it is important to have proper fuel and hydration before a skating session or lesson. It is also important to maintain your hydration levels during a session. A light snack including some protein, carbohydrate, and a healthy fat is desirable to properly fuel your body. A turkey sandwich with some avocado satisfies these categories. Water should be consumed throughout the session as well, even though on the ice a skater may not feel thirsty.

Continue Learning about Skating

What is the best way to recover after a skating workout?
Rest is very important after a workout especially if the workout was particularly strenuous. Getting...
What muscles are important to work for rollerblading?
Eric Beard Eric Beard
I love rollerblading! Core stabilizer muscles (abs and low back) need to provide you your platform t...
Should I wear a heart rate monitor when training for skating?
Heart rate training is useful for any sport because it will provide feedback on the intensity of...
What are advanced core exercises for rollerblading?
Advanced core exercises for rollerblading include medicine ball rotation chest pass and stabilit...