What is the best way to prevent fatigue while skating?

To prevent fatigue, it is important to have proper fuel and hydration before a skating session or lesson. It is also important to maintain your hydration levels during a session. A light snack including some protein, carbohydrate, and a healthy fat is desirable to properly fuel your body. A turkey sandwich with some avocado satisfies these categories. Water should be consumed throughout the session as well, even though on the ice a skater may not feel thirsty.

Continue Learning about Skating

What are beginning exercises for improving balance for rollerblading?
Beginning balance exercises for rollerblading are the single-leg Romanian deadlift exercise and ...
Is the type of boot important for speed skating?
A correct boot for speed skating is mandatory to participate in the sport. A professional should be ...
What is a good cardio option for skating that will strengthen my legs?
The most important factor for skaters is to have strong legs to perform the high power demands that ...
Do I need to build upper-body strength for skating?
Although most skaters focus tremendously on lower-body strength and conditioning, upper-body strengt...