Will balance training help my jumps for skating?

Balance training involves core development and core development is essential to any sport. It takes a strong core to provide a solid support system for explosive, powerful movements. When the deep core muscles that support the spine are weak, your nervous system puts the brakes on your explosive potential as a protective mechanism. Not only that, but insufficient core stability strength will set you up for injury and limit your mobility. You can use a stability ball,  bosu trainer, wobble boards or any exercise tool that creates instability to force you to use those core stabilizing muscles. Try these to help improve your jumps!

Balance training is mandatory for improving joint and muscular control, and is also a component of all movement. Since skating jumps require balance during the take-off and the landing, it is necessary to acquire skills at different levels of balance training. These levels include stability (working on the smaller muscles that help stabilize the joints), increasing strength, and power. Using appropriate progressions and a balance routine designed by a qualified instructor, movement efficiency like jumping and landing can increase dramatically.

Continue Learning about Skating

Will balance skills help my skating?
Balance skills are an important part of a performance training program, and can enhance skating ...
How can I prevent bruising from falling on the ice?
Falling is a part of the learning and practicing process of skating, especially while jumping. Good ...
Is flexibility important for in-line skating?
Flexibility is important to move properly without getting injured. Movement requires muscles to ...
Does breathing effect my endurance while skating?
Breathing correctly can have a direct impact on endurance. Oxygen is needed to supply working muscle...