What should I know about caring for someone with sinusitis?

When caring for someone with sinusitis, you should make sure that they follow their doctor's advice for treatment if prescribed. It is also very important for them to get proper rest and to drink plenty of fluids. If the air in their home is dry, a humidifier will help to put humidity into the environment so that they can breathe better. Keeping the home free from pollutants, cigarette smoke, and other irritants that cause the nasal passageway and the lungs to swell is also important.

Continue Learning about Sinusitis

How should I interpret the results of a sinus x-ray for sinusitis?
Sanford HealthSanford Health
A sinus x-ray is used to visually inspect the sinus anatomy to include any structural abnormalities ...
When is surgery an option for chronic sinusitis?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Surgery is an option for chronic sinusitis when maximal medical therapy has failed. In this video, S...
Are There Side Effects to Using a Neti Pot Too Often?
Why Do So Many People Have Sinus Problems?