Do I need antibiotics for sinusitis?

Sinusitis, or a sinus infection, occurs when the sinuses and nasal passages become inflamed. Sometimes antibiotics may be needed if the sinus infection is likely to be caused by bacteria.
By asking about your symptoms and doing a physical examination, a healthcare provider can determine if you or your child need antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Sinusitis

Could sinus infection cause pain in my jaw and up into my head?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Yes, an infected sinus can cause pain in the upper jaw, head, face and upper molar teeth. It is nev...
Is nasal saline irrigation effective for treating sinus infections?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Daily flushing of the sinuses with salty water (nasal saline irrigation) may improve symptoms somewh...
Is There a Home Remedy for Sinus Infections?
What Is Sinusitis?
What Is Sinusitis?