Are over-the-counter medications available for sinusitis?

There are several over-the-counter medications that are available to treat sinusitis. Saline nasal sprays are available to rinse the nasal passages and decongestants can be purchased to relieve nasal congestion. Over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen can be used for pain relief. However, due to the risk of Reye's syndrome, a possibly life-threatening disease, it is important to avoid using aspirin to treat your child's sinusitis.Talk to your Doctor regarding treament options.

Continue Learning about Sinusitis

What are the treatment options for sinusitis?
There are several treatment options to relieve the symptoms of sinusitis, including saline nasal spr...
Could sinus infection cause pain in my jaw and up into my head?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Yes, an infected sinus can cause pain in the upper jaw, head, face and upper molar teeth. It is nev...
Is There a Home Remedy for Sinus Infections?
What Is Sinusitis?
What Is Sinusitis?