Are over-the-counter medications available for sinusitis?

There are several over-the-counter medications that are available to treat sinusitis. Saline nasal sprays are available to rinse the nasal passages and decongestants can be purchased to relieve nasal congestion. Over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen, aspirin, and ibuprofen can be used for pain relief. However, due to the risk of Reye's syndrome, a possibly life-threatening disease, it is important to avoid using aspirin to treat your child's sinusitis.Talk to your Doctor regarding treament options.

Continue Learning about Sinusitis

How has the treatment and understanding of sinusitis changed?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Doctors have gotten better at treating the inflammatory elements of sinusitis, in this video, Sa...
Should I talk to my doctor about my sinusitis symptoms?
Sanford HealthSanford Health
If your sinusitis symptoms interfere with you living a healthy and productive life, then a trip to y...
What Is Sinusitis?
What Is Sinusitis?
Is There a Home Remedy for Sinus Infections?