How should I moisturize my skin if I have shingles?

Shingles occurs in varying degrees that range from a slight rash to a very painful blistering rash. If your case of shingles is mild, you may be able to use your regular moisturizer. However, if your case of shingles is severe, talk to your doctor or dermatologist about how to care for your skin, including how and whether to moisturize it, especially the affected areas.

Continue Learning about Shingles

Getting the Shingles Vaccine at Your Pharmacy
Anyone who has ever had chickenpox is at risk for shingles. Both conditions are caused by the varicella-zoster virus. After a bout of chickenpox resol...
5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
Essential questions about the painful, blistering rash known as shingles. If you’ve ever had chickenpox, you already have the virus that can cause a s...
The Shingles Vaccine Is Safe and Effective
What Is Shingles?
What Is Shingles?