How should I moisturize my skin if I have shingles?

Shingles occurs in varying degrees that range from a slight rash to a very painful blistering rash. If your case of shingles is mild, you may be able to use your regular moisturizer. However, if your case of shingles is severe, talk to your doctor or dermatologist about how to care for your skin, including how and whether to moisturize it, especially the affected areas.

Continue Learning about Shingles

My Story, My Diagnosis: Nancy's Story
My Story, My Diagnosis: Nancy's Story
Nancy experienced a shingles infection in January of 2018. In this video, she shares her story, including her initial symptoms, her visit to the emerg...
Why is shingles so painful?
Shingles is caused by a virus called varicella-zoster virus (VZV) that sets up housekeeping in c...
6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Shingles
6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Shingles6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Shingles6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Shingles6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Shingles
Who is at risk, who should get vaccinated and other key questions about shingles.
The Shingles Vaccine Is Safe and Effective