How should I cleanse my skin if I have shingles?

Shingles can be very painful and usually causes a blistering rash, so you need to take extra care when cleansing your skin. A cool bath may give you some pain relief and cool the rash.

Shingles can occur in varying degrees with mild symptoms that do not require any changes in your daily cleansing, or more severe symptoms with large blisters that crust over. If you have shingles, talk with your doctor or dermatologist about the best way to cleanse your skin.

Continue Learning about Shingles

Getting the Shingles Vaccine at Your Pharmacy
Anyone who has ever had chickenpox is at risk for shingles. Both conditions are caused by the varicella-zoster virus. After a bout of chickenpox resol...
5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles5 Reasons to Talk to Your Doctor About Shingles
Essential questions about the painful, blistering rash known as shingles. If you’ve ever had chickenpox, you already have the virus that can cause a s...
What Is Shingles?
What Is Shingles?
The Shingles Vaccine Is Safe and Effective