What stretches should I do to prevent shin splints?

Performing calf stretches with the knee both straight and bent will help target the specific calf muscles that need to be stretched to help prevent shin splints. These stretches will help increase the range of motion at your ankle and decrease stress to the lower leg. Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Shin Splints

When should I call my doctor if I have shin splints?
If the pain doesn’t go away after a few days of inactivity, becomes more intense or impairs your abi...
Is it possible to reduce the pain I get in the front of my shin when I run?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Pain in the front of the lower leg following or during activity, often known as “shin splints” is of...
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Other Shin Pain Is There Besides Shin Splints?