How can I reduce the pain from shin splints?

Fred C. Redfern, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
You can treat shin splint pain by icing the area and taking anti-inflammatory medication, says Fred Redfern, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Sunrise Hospital. In this video, he says that rest will help reduce pain as well.

Continue Learning about Shin Splints

What causes shin splints?
Terrance Evans , MMA Conditioning Specialist, NASM Elite TrainerTerrance Evans , MMA Conditioning Specialist, NASM Elite Trainer
Shin splints can be caused by:Muscle imbalances between anterior tibialis and calve muscles (soleus ...
Is it possible to reduce the pain I get in the front of my shin when I run?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Pain in the front of the lower leg following or during activity, often known as “shin splints” is of...
What Is a Shin Splint?
What Is a Shin Splint?
How to Heal Shin Splints
How to Heal Shin Splints