What is shaving gel?

Shaving gel softens hairs to make it easier to remove them with your razor. Gels create a lubricated surface that your razor can glide over. They tend to be gentler on the skin than soap, and may contain moisturizers, vitamins, and botanicals. Talk with your dermatologist for advice on the right skincare products for you.

Continue Learning about Shaving

Do men and women need to use different processes when shaving?
The way you shave primarily depends on which body part you're focusing on. For example, skin on the ...
What's the story of the electric razor?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Thirty years after the development of the safety razor, a man named Jacob Schick realized his long-h...
How Can I Prevent Razor Burn?
How Can I Prevent Razor Burn?
What Is the Proper Way to Shave?
What Is the Proper Way to Shave?