As a teen, how effective is spermicidal jelly?

Made of nonoxynyl-9 or other sperm-killing agents, these can be inserted into the vagina like a tampon, but unlike a tampon, they do
not need to be removed, since the foam or jelly gets absorbed within one to two hours after use. These methods need to be used in conjunction with a condom for pregnancy prevention, not just applied on a condom. Rubbers lubricated with spermicidals are still only 85 percent effective against pregnancy; you still need a second form of protection.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Sexuality

What is herpes simplex virus (HSV) in teens?
We call herpes the gift that keeps on giving, as this virus incorporates itself into the DNA of cert...
How are sperm produced in teens?
Testosterone is made in the testicles; seminiferous tubules, stimulated by chemical messengers from ...
As a Teen, Where Can I Get Tested for Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
Is It Possible to Get Pregnant From Anal Sex?