Should sexually active teenagers worry about STDs as well as pregnancy?

Sexually active teens and adults need to worry about both STDs and pregnancy, especially if they are not using protection devices such as condoms. There are many STDs that can be contracted from unprotected sex, some of which are lifelong diseases.

Absolutely!!  Birth control will protect you from unwanted pregnancy but you must additionally protect yourself from STIs.

Condoms, condoms, condoms!!  Regular testing for STIs.  Good nutrition, sleep and exercise to keep your immune system strong.

As a sexually active teen you are at risk.  Protect yourself.

Pregnancy is the more talked about issue with sexually active teenagers, but what about STDs?

Watch as Dr. Jennifer Ashton and Dr. Oz talk to teenagers about sex, pregnancy, and STDs in this video.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Sexuality

As a teen, what should I do if my stomach hurts after eating?
The first step is to try to figure out if a particular food might be the culprit. The best way t...
Is it okay to masturbate?
It’s healthy and normal. Both guys and girls may feel the need for the release of an orgasm regularl...
Is It Possible to Get Pregnant From Anal Sex?
Is Chlamydia a Treatable Disease?
Is Chlamydia a Treatable Disease?