As a teen, where can I get tested for sexually transmitted diseases?

Don't let embarrassment stop you from getting tested.  Go to your doctor or nurse practitioner.  Go to a walk-in medical clinic.  Find the location of the public health unit in your area.  They will have a sexual health clinic where you can get tested likely at no cost. 

Do not delay in getting tested if you are concerned about symptoms or have had unprotected sex.  Always practice safer sex!  Condoms, condoms, condoms! 

Ellen Rome, MD
Pediatrics
Sexually transmitted diseases can happen to boys and girls. In this video, Dr. Rome explains where teens can get tested for STDs.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Sexuality

As a teen, how do I know if I am ready to have sex with someone?
Safe sex should combine meaning, pleasure, and vulnerability in a way that makes you feel confident ...
How normal is it to have erections during sleep?
Erections during sleep are entirely normal. Early-morning erections are the most common and are a pr...
As a Teen, Where Can I Get Tested for Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
Is Chlamydia a Treatable Disease?
Is Chlamydia a Treatable Disease?