Are there any specific services for women with military sexual trauma?

If you’d rather be in a single-sex environment, take advantage of the Department of Veterans Affairs National Women's Trauma Recovery Program (WTRP). What began as a residential treatment center for women with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), now serves countless women dealing with MST. During your 60 days in the program, you’ll receive a comprehensive treatment plan designed to help you solve problems and get a handle on your MST symptoms.

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault Treatment

Do I have to accept a mental health referral for military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Absolutely not. You do not have to accept a referral to see a mental health provider about MST. Your...
Where can I get help if I’ve been sexually assaulted?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If you are sexually assaulted, it is not your fault. Don't be afraid to ask for help or support. Hel...
Can a primary care doctor tell how I'm coping with military sexual trauma?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Not really. Medical doctors are not really trained to identify MST and would need to refer you to a ...
What happens during a sexual assault exam?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
During a sexual assault exam, the first thing that happens is a head-to-toe exam to rule out any lif...