Will I have to prove that the military sexual trauma occurred?

No, you do not need to prove that the military sexual trauma occurred. Just letting the VA doctor know about the incident is all you have to do. The doctor’s job is just to determine if and how your physical and mental health problem resulted from the trauma. After that determination, you can receive VA care without a copayment. You may also be referred to counseling services in a VA facility or from a community provider.

Continue Learning about Sexual Assault

News: Sexual Harassment and Assault Linked to Long-Term Mental, Physical Health Issues
When a woman is sexually harassed in the workplace or is sexually assaulted, she can experience negative effects on both her mental and physical healt...
What kind of person commits sexual assault against a man or boy?
Men commit sexual assault against men or boys in about 86% of male victimization cases. Most people ...
Can sexual assault involve someone I dated?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Not only can sexual assault involve someone you dated, statistics show that you are at equal risk of...
Megyn Kelly Talks About the Flaws in Reporting Sexual Assault